Monday, January 7, 2008

My Kids Didn't Get Enough For Christmas

My two boys didn't get nearly enough for Christmas apparently because over the weekend we went to a children's expo in Raleigh and bought them even more stuff.

It was like a giant flea market for kids. Toys everywhere. My oldest boy saw a toy guitar he wanted, so I told him, "Let's walk around awhile and then we will get it when we leave." But when it was time to go, the guitar wasn't there. Someone else had gotten it which reminds me of a saying, "If you see it and can afford it, buy it. It won't be there when you go back."

we got my youngest son a bicycle. We got skates for both of them, and clothes. All together we spent $80. Not bad when you consider that brand new the bicycle alone would have cost $80.

I don't mind buying used stuff. If it looks good and it works, get it.

On the way home we stopped by Goodwill. I found a guitar there and it was better than the one at the expo. My son thought so too.

You find some great deals at Goodwill, the Salvation Army and the Thrift Store and you're helping a great cause when you buy there.

No comments: