Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy (After) Thanksgiving

It's finally over. Now all the parents in America can go to the mall and fight over great deals. I've been there. I've seen it. Normal, everyday, decent people fighting and cussing each other to get the last hot toy for their child.

Fighting over the hottest toy that will end up in the toy box never to be played with again in just two days. I don't know what the hot toy is this year. I remember when it was Elmo. Everyone had to have an Elmo for their child. Where is that Elmo now. Any idea. How about the Beenie Babies? The Cabbage Patch Kids?

Whatever it is this year, you can bet on one thing, it was made in China and it's not healthy for your child. But why do parents buy it. To save a couple of dollars. Is the health of your child worth it?

Mine isn't. That's why I'm buying toys made in America. They're safe, they're cool and they're fun to play with. Sure, they cost a little more. So I just won't buy my boys as much this year. But the things I do buy them will be safe and they won't be made in China.

I urge you to do the same. Aren't your kids worth it?

No comments: