Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Christmas Carol

I just finished the play 'A Christmas Carol' for the Little Theater. We did three performances and all went well. Great Crowds. I played Bob Cratchett, Scrooges bookkeeper. It was the first time I'd ever done anything like that, but I'm always up for a challenge.

I didn't think I could do it, but you never know what you can do until you step outside your comfort zone and give it a try. I never thought I could ever be a stand up comic, but not only did I accomplish it, I became one of the top 100 club comic in the late 80's and early 90's.

Challenge yourself to do things you never thought you could do. You may be surprised at the outcome. I never thought I could be a dad, but I did and I even wrote a book about it called 'Daddyhood'.

My son came to see me perform on Saturday night. I know he was in the audience because when I walked on stage I heard him say, "That's my daddy." I love the sound of that.

No comments: